NEW: 2015 Saskatchewan Music Educators Association Bursary
SMEA Board of Directors has made available five (5) bursaries in the amount of $200 each.
Criteria: Awarded to a Saskatchewan Music Educator Association member planning to take postsecondary classes to pursue his/her master/graduate degree or an advanced certificate in music education.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicants may only apply for courses successfully completed from September 1 - August 31.
- Applicants may apply for advancement in a Certificate Program already obtained - example - Applicant with a 2Year Certificate in music could apply for a class to pursue a 3 year certificate.
- Applicants with a Bachelor's Degree may apply for a class to pursue a Graduate Degree.
- All applicants must be a Regular Member of the SMEA in good standing.
- Applicant must provide transcripts indicating the dates of enrollment and successful completion of class.
- Applicants must provide receipts indicating the tuition paid for the class.
- Applicants must declare any other received bursaries or scholarships which are in recognition of the same classes the SMEA assistance is sought.
- The class must be completed during the current SMEA membership year.
- Applicant can apply once per year.
- Application is for one class per year.
- Preference will be given to the applicant with no other source of funding.
Forward a copy of the application form with transcripts and receipts by October 1 to:
Saskatchewan Music Educators Association
Box 632,Cudworth Saskatchewan S0K 1B0
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Application form: SMEA bursary application2016.pdf